MODIFICATIONS > Chip Tuning

OK you TGP ECM experts.

(1/1)

TurboGTU:
Yes you too JEff, Chris, and Idbeast. I know that you all for sure had/have vergin TGP ecms. I need to know if Q2(transistor) is inside your ecms. I also need to know if U15 is also present. Many ECMs I looked at had those missing..including the 727 (89 GP w/2.8L)I got at the J/Yard. My 730 (88 beretta w/2.8 Maff&map) has Q2 and U14(prob same chip as U15 &U13 on 727).  But the rema 730 ECM I got is missing Q2 and U15 (its internals are layed out like a 727..even has the blank spot for aditianal ram for 4t60-e trans). There seems to be different veriations of the 727 and 730.

Heres why I got to know. Are there TWO seprate banks of fuel injecters on the TGP(89-90). In 88-89 the Fuel injector harnes is seprate for both banks(normal w-bodies)...BUT it looks like in 90 and after...they are briged together(my theory is that it's there to stablize the signal**update wiring). That means all 6 injectors fire at the same time. Pin D3 and D9 ARE the same PIN...they Go to Q1. BUT I think the TGP has the injectors wired differently than 88-90 W-bodies. I think one bank is on D9 and the other is on D14. And for D14 to work...there needs to be Q2. And for the ECM to know that there two seprate banks A&B...pins D4&D8 have to be briged outside the ECM...also Pins D1&D5 have to be bridged outside.
THis could solve some Driability issues and tunning issues.
SO please LOOK for Q2, U15. Also look to where the Injector harness goes inside the ECM. Look for Pins D4&D8 beeing bridged...also Pins D1&D5 for the same.

Thanks.

ScotSea:
This has a easy answer.

All the W bodies that use the 727/396 ECMs use just one injector driver.  And so do N bodies (or other body styles) that use the 730.  The second driver is not populated in any of those ECMs.

They are wired to look like two banks, but in fact in all the 1227730, 16149396 and 1227727 ECMs,  there is only one injector driver.  So all 6 injectors fire at one time, once per engine revolution.

I personally have never seen a 730 ECM with the second injector location populated.   Even if it is, it is not used in any 730/727 ECM application.

Scot

TurboGTU:
So the 1228708 ecm is the only w-body ecm that has the 2 seperate injector drivers (90 GP& Cutless..2.3L Vin D, and A). Im wondering how similar a 727 and a 708 are? I could prob ad the normal single injector driver by helping it with another if I get low impedance injectors. Or have better control of fuel injection.

Well that settles a little argument. One was that People said that the TGP code doesn't run well on the 730 ecm.  But how come mine does?..But then again..I have the updated 730. I never got to try it on the old 730. Another was believed that the TGP had two seperate banks inside the ecm...and not bridged together inside. I guess that solves the mystery.

My old ecm has the B injector driver(Q2). I think it has to do with the MAFF sensor on the beretta???. I'll check latter today.

Thanks..you know your way around these ecms. Worked for GM by any chance?? LOL.

ScotSea:

--- Quote from: "TurboGTU" ---So the 1228708 ecm is the only w-body ecm that has the 2 seperate injector dirvers (90 GP& Cutless..2.3L Vin D, and A). Im wondering how simmilar a 727 and a 708 are?
--- End quote ---

They look the same from the outside....   But they have slightly different different layout on the inside.  The 727 code in a 708 may start and run, but that is about it.  The fuel and timing layouts are similar, but the I/O is different.

--- Quote from: "TurboGTU" ---Well that settles a little argument. One was that People said that the TGP code doesn't run well on the 730 ecm.  But how come mine does?..But then again..I have the updated 730. I never got to try it on the old 730. Another was belived that the TGP had two seprate banks inside the ecm...and not brided together inside. I guess that solves the mystery.
--- End quote ---

The TGP code will run as well in a 730 as it will in a 727.  They are laid out the same on the inside.  A 730 is a 730, BTW.  

The TGP code is not the best code GM ever released.  It has too many things that I had to correct to get it to run really good.

--- Quote from: "TurboGTU" ---My old ecm has the B injector driver(Q2). I think it has to do with the MAFF sensor on the beretta???. I'll check latter today.
--- End quote ---

If it has a second driver, it probably is not a 730.  The second driver has nothing to do with the MAF.   The MAF is just an input sensor.  The drivers are the ECMs output to the injectors.

--- Quote from: "TurboGTU" ---Thanks..you know your way around thise ecms. Worked for GM by any chance?? LOL.
--- End quote ---

No, never worked for GM.  I have worked for a large defense contractor for almost 25 years making embedded processors.  Started back before there were microprocessors that could do the job.  

Scot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version