TGPForums.com

• May 23, 2018, 09:52:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

Author Topic: TGP vs ?Modified? SRT-4  (Read 5304 times)

TGPilot

TGP vs ?Modified? SRT-4
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:14:56 AM »

Well last night was interesting. I was against a modified SRT-4 last night. He said he has an larger FMIC, larger TB, Larger Injectors, Larger Turbo, Upgraded Fuel Rail, Better Charge piping, and an electronic boost controller in the car...he kept talking but my ADD kicked in and was distracted by the shiney shit under the hood! :oops:  :lol:

We raced 3 seperate lights.

First one I had him from start to finish with about 2 or 3 car lengths. I was shifting hard and the clutch was holding well.

Second we were door to door with his nose slightly ahead of mine.

Last was the funny one. We left the light together and door to door up into the top of 2rd gear and all of a sudden he went bye bye! He yarded my car as soon as I hit 3rd and he kept right on pulling.

We both ended up at the same place afterward and we got to yacking about our cars.

He then let me know the first race was 12 psi, second was 18 psi, the third was 24 psi! He said that most cars in the springs can not hang with him on 18 and he was surprised to see such a big car staying right with him! :lol: He said he had to open it up to put me in my place on the last run...and that he did! :oops:

Anyway...I told him that this Spring/Summer he may want to be a little more careful and put the SRT up on full boost from the start. Once my motor is breathing properly it will be a different story for him!! :twisted:  :wink: He said I would have to come to Denver most likely to play because he was in the Springs to break up with his girl that night! :twitch:   8)

flybynite

• Site Sponsor
  • Boosted
  • Boost Doctor
TGP vs ?Modified? SRT-4
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 01:12:37 PM »

Wooooaaaa thats freakin awesome.There are 2 SRT-4s that I've seen run in the 8th mile and both of them were backed by a local dodge dealership.I've seen both of these cars run 8.2-8.5 all the time at over 80 some mph.The thing is I dont think there makin more hp than a SLIGHTLY modded TGP.It looks to me that they hook up off the line and have low 0-60 foot times like 1.8s.As a rule of thumb every tenth you knock off ur 0-60 is two tenths at the other end of the track.For an example lets say you have a 0-60 foot time of 2.124 with an 8.85 8th mile pass if you drop ur 0-60 to 1.82 that would make an 8.25 8th mile pass.Thats a huge difference.I've learned traction is more important than HP.You can have all the hp you desire but if it dont hook up I'ts useless 8) Later
1989 TGP Pace Car
1990 TGP Red/Tan Leather

GutlessSupreme

• Boosted
    • gtsdurango.net
TGP vs ?Modified? SRT-4
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 01:24:01 PM »

Quote from: "flybynite"
The thing is I dont think there makin more hp than a SLIGHTLY modded TGP.

They make ~230 out the door. even the first ones were making an advertised 215, though dyno runs were showing higher than that at the wheels.

nice win/lose Kenny :lol: I played with one on the highway once with two girls in it.. she was always in front of me but whenever we gunned it I never lost too much ground. Can't fuckin wait to be doing that again... especially with a fresh motor and new cam...
-Tony
gtsdurango.net
'04 Dakota SLT Quad Cab V8 AWD/4x4 - current daily
'90 Turbo Grand Prix STE - Crane H260 Cam, Getrag 282 Swap, 1.6 Rockers, Homebrewn Mildly Ported/Polished Heads/Intakes, Intrax Front Lowering Springs, KYB GR2s, 34mm Sway Bar, CS FSTB, AWeb RSTB, ES Poly Sway Bar Bushings, Cooper Cobra 245 - I'm working on it...
'92 Gutless Supreme SL - Dead
'90 Turbo Grand Prix - RIP 6-15-05

Invasion1

TGP vs ?Modified? SRT-4
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 01:38:11 PM »

:shock: Good Stuff Kenny  8)

24 PSI jeeeeezzzuuuuusssss

I have yet to run into one with the TCS.... :? dunno what to expect really there quick little buggers.

SS s/c Cobalts i can beat but the a bit underpowered than the SRT4's

anyway good showing for the 15 year old car  :wink:

TGPilot

TGP vs ?Modified? SRT-4
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 01:50:33 PM »

Quote from: "Invasion1"
anyway good showing for the 15 year old car  :wink:

16 now man! Frikkin scarey eh? :shock:  Pretty soon they will be eligible for the Collector Car License Plates here in Colorado. That would be awesome because once they get there it is 5 years between emissions tests!!! :lol:

It was fun. I will say one thing...the Conti-Extreme Contact tires HOOK UP on the road. The Conti's spin 1st easy...second spins for maybe a foot or two when slammed into gear and nothing but pull through the rest of the gears! btw...I bled the clutch system and lubed the input shaft spine to allow the throw-out to slide better (was binding) in the car and now the clutch holds quite a bit better.

Best part was it was not some punk kid with mommy and daddies money...he was my age and both of us were having fun like teenagers! :wink:  :lol:  8)

twinturbosedan

• Boosted
    • GM W-body Forums
TGP vs ?Modified? SRT-4
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 03:53:35 PM »

dang i don't know.  a little hard to swallow i guess.  the SRT-4 is putting down 230whp stock and they weigh what....3000lbs?  i honestly don't think i could run with a stock SRT-4 in my Cutlass, much less put 2-3 car lengths on a modified SRT-4 :shock:

then again if i wasn't spinning mad tire right through 2nd gear i might have a better opinion of how "quick" my Cutlass is :lol:

2000 Audi A6 Quattro - 2.7T/6-speed
1998 Buick Regal GS - L67/HM-4T65E

mars

• TGP Driver
    • http://www.v6z24.com/registry/mars_man/
TGP vs ?Modified? SRT-4
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 02:16:10 PM »

Your car prolly runs high 12's.

Whats done to that beast!?

DAMN!   :shock:

12.10 @ 119.8
Rotrex blower, 7730 ECM running $8f tgp .bin

TGPilot

TGP vs ?Modified? SRT-4
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 03:08:47 PM »

No no...we are high altitude up here. Turbo's are effected also. Running 12 PSI is like running 9.5 - 10.0 at sea-level. I can take my wastegate actuator off up here and not hit fuel cut when it is set to 11 psi.

Now the guy could have been BSing me about what he had on the car because frankly the bubble car neons are not my interest. There was an aweful lot of shiney shit under the hood. I changed my thread heading to correct. Maybe it was...maybe it wasn't. :wink:  On the third run he LEFT me like I shifted the car into neutral and was coasting when I went for 3rd so I do not know whether it is slightly better than stock or as modified as he said.

Now one thing I will say...I YARD and pull well away from stock SRT-4's up here in Colorado.

I was running 15.2 with a severely slipping clutch at Bandimere. Now is that worth 2+ seconds off the quarter...doubtful with my current setup, but we will find out April 2006 when Bandimere opens back up. I will be making one nights worth of runs and then the motor I am building will be finished and put in the car to see what monster I have created. :wink:  8)

no_doz

• TGP Driver
Re: TGP vs ?Modified? SRT-4
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 02:53:25 PM »

im surprised it took him that much boost-his car weighs 500lbs less than yours!! how much hp are you running?

DVS BSTD

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »

Dead Thread

mfewtrail

• Administrator
  • Boosted
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 10:57:36 PM »

Dead Thread

What's worse is you posted it in without having anything worthwhile to contribute...
'93 SE, '90 Black/tan TGP, & '90 Red/tan TGP

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 24 queries.