TGPForums.com

• March 23, 2019, 04:23:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

Author Topic: Got The Front KYB's In  (Read 2179 times)

Invasion1

Got The Front KYB's In
« on: July 04, 2006, 05:44:29 PM »

Pretty easy with the GM strut tool  :icon_biggrin:

bought this one on ebay NIB for $25 shipped

Next is the rears which i know are bad.....im sort of holding off on them to hear back from FFP about the rear coil-overs so i don't have to take it apart more times then i have to.

thats my acheivement if the day while i curse Germany's football team under my breath  :icon_evil:

GOT2B GM

• Boosted
Re: Got The Front KYB's In
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 08:21:22 PM »

Nice, were the old ones factory?

Matt Shantz - 1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix COLD A/C 80K mi, KAZ Hot Tuned, Birchtrax'ed +  a few mods  ......... 14.6829 @ 95.11 mph

Invasion1

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 08:27:29 PM »

no they were 6 year old KYB's

first mod i did to my car back in 1999-2000 when i found these forums  ;)

Invasion1

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 01:14:37 PM »

Big Improvement in the front now.....very happy and not as bumpy ride (in the front)

Just the rear to DEAL with now  :icon_mad:

TLOC

• Checking Engine
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 07:33:52 AM »

Pretty easy with the GM strut tool  :icon_biggrin:

bought this one on ebay NIB for $25 shipped

Next is the rears which i know are bad.....im sort of holding off on them to hear back from FFP about the rear coil-overs so i don't have to take it apart more times then i have to.

thats my acheivement if the day while i curse Germany's football team under my breath  :icon_evil:

Invasion1, Is there any way you will let me borrow that tool, or for that matter, I'll give you $35 to sell it to me, but I'd rather borrow it. We lend tools on my VTX1800 site all the time. Please LMK and thank you in advance...Tony :cheers:

Invasion1

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 03:09:25 PM »

Mine is already in the hands of another member and im hoping it comes back SOON! so i don't have it to lend as of right now..

Sorry

Dave

twinturbosedan

• Boosted
    • GM W-body Forums
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 11:10:50 AM »

Big Improvement in the front now.....very happy and not as bumpy ride (in the front)

Just the rear to DEAL with now  :icon_mad:

good to hear :icon_biggrin:  mine is VERY bumpy right now ecspecially with these new Intrax springs.  i just ordered the KYB GR-2 front strut cartridges from tirerack.com last night.  surprisingly enough i found that the Checker here actually has the W-body strut tool to rent so i can do these myself :thumb:  i've never done the fronts before; i've heard it's pretty easy with the tool though.  the rear struts are EASY....ecspecially with coilovers :icon_wink:  i have brand new KYB GR-2 rear struts & mounts already here waiting to go in but i need to get my AFCO Racing coilover sleeves first (i ordered them last night too).

also just bought Matt's front 34mm bar so this car should handle quite a bit better than before very soon.  and i still have more stuff to buy....

2000 Audi A6 Quattro - 2.7T/6-speed
1998 Buick Regal GS - L67/HM-4T65E

Invasion1

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 11:19:22 AM »

Those Intrax springs won't change much......they will always be really stiff

mine have 10,000 kms on them and there still as stiff as they were new

twinturbosedan

• Boosted
    • GM W-body Forums
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 12:32:03 PM »

Those Intrax springs won't change much......they will always be really stiff

mine have 10,000 kms on them and there still as stiff as they were new

damn...i might just have to hold onto my old Eibachs for awhile then.  no one is interested in them anyway (at least no one that actually has money  :icon_rolleyes: )

Invasion1

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 12:35:01 PM »

Might want to do that Josh......if you don't like them you have something else to use instead.

twinturbosedan

• Boosted
    • GM W-body Forums
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 08:18:04 PM »

well i rented the W-body strut tool from Checker and ended up completely ruining one of the struts.  the KYB strut shaft had a different pitch than what the leverage bar had, so yeah.....big time stripped threads.  i'm so f*cking pissed right now.

gonna have to order another front KYB GR-2 strut cartridge from tirerack tomarrow and then i'll just let Midas rip me off :bash:

GangstGP

• Boosted
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 05:30:16 PM »

I got the GR2 struts now. they ARE less bumpy.  I am starting to think my friend Wade likes to misinform people to try to keep them in the dark. we were going to try for the" G-Force " he supposedly installed on my other car and found nothing.  He also installed a rack and pinion on my other car and never greased it  :laugh: :laugh:. Jokes on me. f-ing ass hole.

my new rack on my new car turns like butter now compared to the other one which now has grease in it. :icon_evil:
daily driver: 1990 Turbo Grand Prix 180k miles
backup car: 1990 Turbo Grand Prix 118k miles
spare parts: TGP motor and tranny from a red '89

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.