TGPForums.com

• December 10, 2018, 10:17:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

Author Topic: Addco bar  (Read 1038 times)

TheDoug

Addco bar
« on: October 17, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »

Is the Addco bar worth the price?

Is it true that you have to remove the rear monoleaf completely?

Is it better to use the Addco hardware or locate the 95 monte harware? I would like to keep the car as stock looking as possible since it only has 49k on the clock.

I've seen the Lumina 20mm bar done on a 92 on the w-body forum by redgtp. Has anybody tried this with our cars. It seems much more cost effective.

Any thoughts on the issue would be greatly appreciated since I am going to the junkyard Sun.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:59:15 PM by TheDoug »

mfewtrail

• Administrator
  • Boosted
Re: Addco bar
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »

I don't think the addco is worth it considering you can find upgrades in the junkyard for very cheap in a similar size. 1995-1996ish Luminas are often equipped with 3/4'' rear sway bars(19mm) that will work on our cars. Luminas with the "F41" performance suspension option have 7/8''(22mm, same as the addco) bars, but I'm not sure if those will work on our cars or not. Around here, I can get junkyard sway bars for about $15. I've been trying to find a 7/8'' rear bar in the yards to confirm whether or not they work, but so far I haven't come across any.

As far as the addco bar goes, there's a lot more information over on the w-body board about them. When you use the search function there, click the link for the "advance search." The normal search there is not working.
'93 SE, '90 Black/tan TGP, & '90 Red/tan TGP

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.