Poll

What do you guys think of the bucket of bolts

not bad
- 9 (100%)
not good
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: My 89 Just made it back from Midnight Mayhem at Cordova!  (Read 21440 times)

NTRCOOL

• Spooling
Re: My 89 Just made it back from Midnight Mayhem at Cordova!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 12:20:14 PM »

My plan for next year is to use my tax return to buy all the suspension parts that I have been reading about on the other posts, and port n polish my intake n heads replace the rockers and fuel injectors. I think I wanna wait on switching out the for the later gen heads n intake after I can rebuild the trans just so I don't push to hard if you know what I mean.
NTRCOOL

1989 RED TGP interior gutted for racing, hard top, added a wing from GTP, MSD ignition, chip from flybynite, K&N air filter.
1990 RED TGP leather intr, moon roof, needs just bout everything
1990 BLACK TGP cloth intr, aftrmrkt moon roof
1977 Chevy Caprice areo back coupe soon to have Cadillac 500cuin.
1980 olds 98 coupe
1993 Ford Festiva GL
1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 3" Rough country lift
1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
1990 Cadillac brougham

Jonpro03

• Spooling
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 01:19:01 PM »

For now I bet you could get away with 1.6 rockers.

1997 Grand Prix GTP coupe topswap
1990 Turbo Grand Prix Black/Tan Interior 15.05 1/4mile

TGed

• Boosted
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 02:16:30 PM »

Not bad of numbers.  You probably are at about 230whp.

I sometimes think I should stick with the gen2's, but I already committed in other plans.  I might stick my 3.1 motor on a shelf rack until I find something to put it in unless I sell it...  Which ever comes first. 
http://www.tgpforums.com/index.php/topic,5214.msg38936.html#new

-Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.-

-Assume nothing, question everything.-

NTRCOOL

• Spooling
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2009, 12:58:30 PM »

It would be nice for next year if some of you guys that might live close to Cordova could help make a showing to bring our own front to the street racing scene. I guess thats why I like Cordova's midnight mayhem to get people off the streets and in a safe environment to race. Plus the people you are up against would be cars you would encounter on the street. Maybe by the Spring i'll have the bugs worked out of the Black 90 and do some tinkering with it so it could also be there.
NTRCOOL

1989 RED TGP interior gutted for racing, hard top, added a wing from GTP, MSD ignition, chip from flybynite, K&N air filter.
1980 olds 98 coupe
1993 Ford Festiva GL
1990 Cadillac brougham

POPEYEZTGP

• Spooling
  • she's not perfect but she's mine
    • http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1256544788
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 12:52:05 AM »

Man i can't wait to send mine to the track,, grrrrrrr 3 things i want to do once i get her running right
1--- to the Track get some numbers in on here
2--- Dyno her
3--- smoke my son's 3800 with comp cam camaro so i can shut him up lol
after this no need to run this rare car

My lic plate frame reads missing 2 and still beat you <<<<<< time to prove it
1990 BLACK AND GOLD,WITH TAN INT. GRAND PRIX TGP MCLAREN , BOUGHT 3/26/09

NTRCOOL

• Spooling
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 10:06:28 PM »

Dude sounds good Hope to see another TGP holden up the home front when it comes to the track. next weekend I hope to get started with replacing my oil pump and ordering parts to start getting ready for spring.
NTRCOOL

1980 olds 98 coupe
1993 Ford Festiva GL
1990 Cadillac brougham

POPEYEZTGP

• Spooling
  • she's not perfect but she's mine
    • http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1256544788
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 11:26:56 PM »

Dude sounds good Hope to see another TGP holden up the home front when it comes to the track. next weekend I hope to get started with replacing my oil pump and ordering parts to start getting ready for spring.
Ill be sure to keep you guy's posted,, having alittle trouble running at this time i think it's the 02 trial and error time i guess,,
1990 BLACK AND GOLD,WITH TAN INT. GRAND PRIX TGP MCLAREN , BOUGHT 3/26/09

NTRCOOL

• Spooling
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 01:14:03 PM »

Yea I just found a pic my friend Phil took of me at work about 9:30 in the morning after one of the Midnight Mayhem's We had to work 5hrs the Saturday after the race so I drove straight to work and set my sleeping bag on the passenger side and passed out for a few hours I think I pulled in the parking lot a 5 am or a little latter I'm always half dead after those races. :laugh:
NTRCOOL

1980 olds 98 coupe
1993 Ford Festiva GL
1990 Cadillac brougham

mfewtrail

• Administrator
  • Boosted
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 07:47:19 PM »

Yea I just found a pic my friend Phil took of me at work about 9:30 in the morning after one of the Midnight Mayhem's We had to work 5hrs the Saturday after the race so I drove straight to work and set my sleeping bag on the passenger side and passed out for a few hours I think I pulled in the parking lot a 5 am or a little latter I'm always half dead after those races. :laugh:

I guess that's another advantage to not having a passenger seat installed. :laugh:
'93 SE, '90 Black/tan TGP, & '90 Red/tan TGP

NTRCOOL

• Spooling
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »

2010 Cordova Dragway park schedule for Midnight Mayhem: May28, July2, Sept3, (Oct9 is the BOP show) Oct15 is the final Midnight Mayhem. I know it will be a trip for some of you guys but I would like to see you there. Sept11 and 12th is Byron's BOP show.
NTRCOOL

1980 olds 98 coupe
1993 Ford Festiva GL
1990 Cadillac brougham

NTRCOOL

• Spooling
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 11:16:10 PM »

May 28 2010

Well I know I'm a little late on the posting but here we go... Even dealing with the fact that I was dealing with the crap from having that guy in the jeep pull out in front of me the day before race day. To that Friday I went and picked up the 89 from the shop that towed it from the scene. I had finished paying for the tow and when I went to leave, I backed into the Owner of the shops wife's Toyota Solara convertible. Talk about some real bad luck. Other than that B.S. I got to Cordova at a decent time and the races were good I lost my first one to a nice 60's Malibu or chevelle I'm not sure we were head to head most of the way but he pulled on me at the end of the track.
 Run #2 was easy It was a Toyota Corolla it looked fast if that is even a statement.
 Run #3 was the same Colbolt SS I raced last year and wasted him. I didn't feel too bad he was pretty cool to talked to I think he was from Peoria and has heard of the TGPs so all in all I had to cut my racing short due to the fact that I could feel the car pulling harder on the right then the left. The reason why was because the sub frame shifted back on the drivers side and forward on the right from the impact I hope its not totally bent but not too worried. The best I could do was 14.2 @ 93 ish mph I guess not bad for just taking the hit that it did.

July 2 is coming up quick and I know I don't have the time to do all I want to. I'll keep you guys posted.
NTRCOOL

1980 olds 98 coupe
1993 Ford Festiva GL
1990 Cadillac brougham

NTRCOOL

• Spooling
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2010, 10:49:54 AM »

Well July 2 was interesting I show up to Cordova and pay my admission. The Lady checked my my license, and realized it had been expired since my birthday which was June 1, and almost didn't get to race! Thankfully she recognized me as always being there for midnight mayhem, and allowed me to race but told me to get it renewed asap. So after clearing that hurtle I pulled in, parked, filled out my info card and for my friends to park. My buddy Aaron drove my Black TGP there giving Shifter a ride down from Beloit. Then I went through tech and got in the staging lanes. Over the loud speaker I could hear the guy talking about rules and starting to enforce them: If you are racing your shirts must have sleeves, pants not shorts (strike 2 I was wearing shorts) no flip flops, 14secs and faster must wear a helmet. So aside from a rough start. I was surprisingly able to avg my 14.1 ish in the quarter. I ran against a Fox body GT 5.0 a 99 or 00 mustang GT and one both of those. My only loss was to a supercharged Cobra ( go figure I'm not immune to snake bites yet) then my last race I blew away a power-stroke. I was happy with the car since The insurance company took so long to cut me a check, I didn't get to do any repairs or repairs. So now i have just about two months to tear down and swap motors and replace the damaged parts.

P.S. I scored a 3.4 dual overhead cam powered sub frame from Murry's junkyard this past Saturday after the races, when I went to pick up a motor for my wife's Bonneville.
NTRCOOL

1980 olds 98 coupe
1993 Ford Festiva GL
1990 Cadillac brougham

NTRCOOL

• Spooling
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 12:22:49 PM »

Not much to report on this past Midnight Mayhem I beat a '00 mustang bullet, lost to a firebird due to major wheel spin and wheel hop ( I lost my slicks to a blow out coming back from a W-body meet, because of bad alignment and driving on them since the accident.) so I've been stuck with my kumo escatas. I lost to a z06 corvette, beet a a little hatch back honda, and smoked a powerstroke. even after taking out the stock drivers seat and putting in a baja buster off road seat my quarter mile time hasn't moved past 14.1 but on a 14.7 pass I turned a 97mph trap speed due to all the wheel spin. I just bought some Nitto drag radials off ebay for $273 free shipping I hope those will hold me over for a while. I only have one Midnight mayhem left for the season.
NTRCOOL

1980 olds 98 coupe
1993 Ford Festiva GL
1990 Cadillac brougham

GPChief

• Site Sponsor
  • Boosted
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 12:49:03 AM »

Nittos are good :icon_mrgreen:..........are you doing the other suspension mods?

Make sure you warm the tires and "saw" them a little.
2004 GTP -  3.8 Blown - Only modding for MPG.
1997 GTP  - 3.8 Blown - Too many mods to list.
1996 GTP - 3.4 DOHC - Twin to my 1997.
1995 SE - soon to be a 3.8 turbo car.
1990 TSTE x 2 white cloth
1990 TSTE x 1 maroon leather
1990 TGP - 5 speed.

NTRCOOL

• Spooling
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »

I would like to get Judd's strut stoppers made but with other projects piling back up I will have to wait for a new season on those. What is "saw" the tires? I also have new struts for the front I haven't had time to put in as well.
NTRCOOL

1980 olds 98 coupe
1993 Ford Festiva GL
1990 Cadillac brougham
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 27 queries.