TGPForums.com

• November 12, 2019, 04:04:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

Author Topic: New "old Guy" to the forum!!!  (Read 4798 times)

89 Turbo Gran Prix

• TGP Forums Beginner
New "old Guy" to the forum!!!
« on: February 17, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »

Hi everyone... just heard about this fourm yesterday and could be interesting.

A bit about myself:  Name is Jim; now living in Salisbury, NC and have been collecting cars all my life... YOU see< I'm old > and have owned over 300 cars of many types... mostly Chevys.   I own 23 cars at the present time and reason I joined is to share ONE of them with you all!   
I have an 89 Mclearn Gran Prix Turbo... had it for several years... loved it so much ~ NEVER drove it except to shows.  Mine happened to be the pace car from the movie "DAYS OF THUNDER" filmed at the Charlotte Motor Speedway!
This car just sits in my garage now; haven't had it out in a couple of years however I would say it is still like brand new!  It is completely original down to the original Goodyear Tires and has 7,100 miles on it!  Over time I had lost interest in it therefore it sits under cover!  I have gotten into different types of cars now!   I do, however, love the rarity of this one!  I have everything for it including the original window sticker, priced @ $26,085!  Don't even remember what options are on the car although it does have leather and sunroof... Heck, maybe they ALL came this way!
I honesty think.... after the last show... didn't even place..... HECK most everyone asked me "What kind of car is this?"   Probably me loose some interest in it!   Thanks for letting me join up ~ I'll check in from time to time!
1980 Turbo Gran Prix show car
Used in the movie "DAYS OF THUNDER"
Currently has 7,100 miles

Jonpro03

• Spooling
Re: New "old Guy" to the forum!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »

Tell me you've got a digital camera

1997 Grand Prix GTP coupe topswap
1990 Turbo Grand Prix Black/Tan Interior 15.05 1/4mile

89 Turbo Gran Prix

• TGP Forums Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 08:06:29 PM »

You are NOT the only person who has asked me to show a picture, but it is covered in the garage and surrround by all types of car stuff and It surely wouldn't start... I'm too old to push 'er out and take a picture.   Maybe I can open the door take off the cover and take a picture or two but surely wouldn't be that good.   Believe me though, when I say it's NEW; open the door and still has that leather smell!  has the original tires, never been flat and not weather checked!

90grandprixstet

• TGP Driver
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 11:09:02 AM »

il give ya 500 bucks for it! non runnings car ya know... i have to come and get it ;) just joking with ya... honestly you have a car we all would love to own, its like our savior on the forum, between that car and the pikes peak hill climb car that the person who owned that destroyed (in my opinion) be removing the roll cage, so i am happy to hear it is being kept in a good place, under cover, with proper storage, should be one for the museums some day in the future, i hope.

I would love to see when im 60, a TGP at the Gilmore Car Musium in michigan, or a simular car museum....

flybynite

• Site Sponsor
  • Boosted
  • Boost Doctor
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 06:41:51 AM »

it is covered in the garage and surrround by all types of car stuff and It surely wouldn't start... I'm too old to push 'er out and take a picture.   
I live just down the road from you, about 1.5 hours. I would be willing to come and help you out. Also I would be willing to get her running again. The only cost to you will be parts.. My help/labor will be FREE...  ;)
1989 TGP Pace Car
1990 TGP Red/Tan Leather

89 Turbo Gran Prix

• TGP Forums Beginner
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 09:09:32 PM »

So sorry I had really forgotten all about this forum.   I have just been so busy with all my other cars that I actually do drive that the thought hasn't crossed my mind.
I had always been a GM man at heart but for a few years there really wasn't anything nice out there.   Eventually I bought a 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT and somehow, someway now have SIX Dodge Magnums and recently purchased TWO 300 SRTs so these have surely been keeping me very busy.
My latest purchase is my 2006 Chrysler 300SRT SuperCharged with everything brand new, all drive train components, incl trans, driveshaft, rear end and racing transmission.  Currently the car was producing 643 Horsepower at 11 lbs of boost with a P1SC procharger which recently came apart.   Saving currently for a newer Heavier duty D1SC to replace it with.
This is my new car...
Here is a video at my last car show.   Hope you don't mind me posting about this car.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.