TGPForums.com

• May 23, 2018, 09:53:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

Author Topic: Tangling with a Corvette  (Read 2640 times)

SwampTGP

• Checking Engine
Tangling with a Corvette
« on: October 11, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »

So old Eunice made me a proud papa today.. I pull up to this real pretty Corvette at a stop light that had been weaving around everyone, maybe an '07 - LS1 car at least for sure. Poor unsuspecting sap... I didn't beat him, but it sure must have been embarrassing to have a old 1987 FWD station wagon stuck to your rear bumper while you're punching through the gears. Oh I wish I had a video - that boy was pissed!
Strange thing though, the BOV kept going off even though I was on the gas... Not sure what that was all about but, I think I could've had him if it wasn't for that. Never happened before so, not sure if it's supposed to do that at higher rpms.. Is that the waste gate? Yes, I am turbo ignorant... But learning. That was fun!! Let's do it again!  :laugh:

Fred931

• TGP Driver
Re: Tangling with a Corvette
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:50:26 PM »

:laugh:

Have you ever taken it to the track? I wonder what kinda times that thing would get.

SwampTGP

• Checking Engine
Re: Tangling with a Corvette
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »

No I haven't taken it to the track yet.  I have to sure up that softy "sport" FE3 suspension somehow.  I saw that Addcco makes a rear sway bar for it, and I have a strut tower brace that I'm waiting to put on it.  Didn't have any luck finding tighter springs for it, so I just replaced the struts and shocks.  I did instal rear disc brakes on it though.    I haven't even taken my Firehawk to the track for fear I'll blow something up or run into a wall or something  :icon_sad:

Figured out what was going on with the BOV though.   I took it to the guys that got it all running for me at Black Label Perf. and they determined that with the temperatures dropping here in Colorado, it was actually creating more boost than the 10lbs the tune could handle.   So it was not happy and at times it was a little lean, luckily not under throttle - but at idle sometimes.  So they're getting the data logs together now to send to Flybynite to burn me a chip.    Should be a little more powerful and maybe I can wave in that Corvette's window  :laugh:   

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.