TGPForums.com

• December 11, 2017, 11:24:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

Author Topic: injectors  (Read 2225 times)

wachsone

• Checking Engine
injectors
« on: August 01, 2013, 04:32:23 PM »

Looking on ebay for injectors. There are thousands of them it seems. Any recommended sellers. I found a company "master injectors" on there. They sell reconditioned injectors. They are cleaned flow matched and have a lifetime warrentee. Any preference to the gen. 11 (metal body) or the gen. 111 (plastic body) ? Im looking at doing both my cars. They quoted me 12 injectors for 110 shipped.

mfewtrail

• Administrator
  • Boosted
Re: injectors
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 02:47:35 AM »

Even though I replied to your email already, I'll reply here as well.

The Design II's have grooves we can put our rail clips into place/secure the injector as it's meant to be. Most 19lb design III's are not going to have the grooves though there were some made with them. You could probably dremel grooves into them, but for simplicity's sake it would be easier to go w/ the design II's. I have Design II's in both of my TGP's and they run fine.

$110 shipped for 12 injectors is a good price if they were in fact reconditioned in the way that witchhunter, FIC, etc. do it.  They obviously have a DIY junkyard near and get cores really cheap.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 02:53:04 AM by mfewtrail »
'93 SE, '90 Black/tan TGP, & '90 Red/tan TGP

wachsone

• Checking Engine
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »

Thanks my friend..... 12 injectors on the way.  Next up address the crossovers and accumulators. 

wachsone

• Checking Engine
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 10:15:12 AM »

Got the yellow tops in. Seems like a nice improvement. Ive got a little hesitation at take off. This car has 42xxx miles all original. Never seen snow and is garage kept extremely clean. Next step is plugs wires. Has original air cleaner. Dont really like the idea of the open air cone K& N. Isnt that setup what they call "hot air intake"? Especially with how hot the underhood temps get with these cars!!! I have a fender well intake with my SSEi. Has anyone fabricated one of those for these cars? I suppose the crossover and tune should be in order too.  Not sure how far I want to take this though as I might be looking to sell. Looking to get another G8. My other TGP has 44k. Ive owned it since 94 Ill save the major upgrades for that car.

mfewtrail

• Administrator
  • Boosted
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 12:45:08 AM »

Got the yellow tops in. Seems like a nice improvement. Ive got a little hesitation at take off. This car has 42xxx miles all original. Never seen snow and is garage kept extremely clean. Next step is plugs wires. Has original air cleaner. Dont really like the idea of the open air cone K& N. Isnt that setup what they call "hot air intake"? Especially with how hot the underhood temps get with these cars!!! I have a fender well intake with my SSEi. Has anyone fabricated one of those for these cars? I suppose the crossover and tune should be in order too.  Not sure how far I want to take this though as I might be looking to sell. Looking to get another G8. My other TGP has 44k. Ive owned it since 94 Ill save the major upgrades for that car.

To a do a fender well intake, you'll need to move the battery to the trunk. You can route a filter down "below" the car w/ some bends of tubing, but I wouldn't recommend that if you have to drive in the rain a lot as the location of the filter will be pretty low to the ground.
'93 SE, '90 Black/tan TGP, & '90 Red/tan TGP

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.