TGPForums.com

• December 10, 2018, 10:56:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

Author Topic: ABS accumulator housing  (Read 2709 times)

Gibby

• TGP Driver
ABS accumulator housing
« on: October 28, 2013, 03:29:50 PM »

Ok, so I replaced the accumulator.  After this it started leaking.  I pulled it and put the old one back in, still leaks.  Put a new/bigger O-ring on, still leaks.  Mechanic friend says maybe the housing is cracked.  Can this happen, where do I get a new one?  Thanks for any advice

Heartbeat1991

• TGP Driver
Re: ABS accumulator housing
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 01:05:54 PM »

Slightly off topic, Where did you get the accumulator?  I need one too.

Gibby

• TGP Driver
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 01:47:11 PM »

Ebay, I bought a used one that had been tested good for 40.00.  But usually they are 140.00  either way my abs system is leaking..

mfewtrail

• Administrator
  • Boosted
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 07:25:43 PM »

Is your leak where the accumulator screws in or is brake fluid dripping BEHIND the PMIII unit?  The housing the accumulator screws into is actually fairly common to crack on these cars. Prior Manufacturing, when they still serviced these PMIII units, used to machine a new rear housing for them. Your best bet now is to locate a junkyard unit. If all else fails, it wouldn't hurt to contact Prior and see if they still have the plans to machine a new one. I'm not sure if the cracking is more prone on the early production cars or not, but there was even a TSB about the issue way back in the day. I'll try to dig that up and post it for you though if you're interested. The part numbers listed in it are long defunct, but if you have some time to spare, you could try contacting vintage/rare GM part dealers(I honestly doubt they're still around though. I'm guessing they were melted down for scrap long ago).

When you get a chance: Could you post the build date off your ASC sticker in the drivers door jamb? I'm curious if you have an early car or a later one.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:26:18 PM by mfewtrail »
'93 SE, '90 Black/tan TGP, & '90 Red/tan TGP

Gibby

• TGP Driver
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »

2/21/90

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.