TGPForums.com

• December 11, 2017, 11:21:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

Author Topic: This car has taken my soul...  (Read 2398 times)

edoty

This car has taken my soul...
« on: December 11, 2013, 06:18:08 AM »

ok so long story short its a 2000 gtp with the supercharger removed and a turbo put in. working on it for a friend... started as just head gaskets but turned into the hardest project ive ever done and ive been doing this for a while now. so this thing was "ghettofied" to the max and i pretty much re-did everything. got it all back together and now the warmer it gets the higher the idle. it didnt do this before i touched it so i cant let it leave the garage until fixed. new to the forum and dont know the policy on first posts but im a very serious situation so please let this stay. any help would be greatly appreciated please and thank you

ps this was originally supposed to be done in 2 weeks, im on week 4...

Heartbeat1991

• TGP Driver
Re: This car has taken my soul...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »

This forum is dedicated to 1989-1990 McLaren Turbo Grand Prixs.  And there isn't much traffic here anymore.  Try posting in W-Body.com.  You will likely get a lot more information over there.   :icon_biggrin:

Gibby

• TGP Driver
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:25:02 AM »

How high does the idle get?  Do you have a scanner such as dhp or hptuners?  Surging idle at all? 

redgrandprix

• TGP Driver
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 11:07:42 PM »

What is the method of boost control and is the car running a custom tune yet?

killinprixs

• Boosted
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »

This forum is dedicated to 1989-1990 McLaren Turbo Grand Prixs.  And there isn't much traffic here anymore.  Try posting in W-Body.com.  You will likely get a lot more information over there.   :icon_biggrin:

haha we might as well take what we can get  :laugh: :laugh:

not sure what you're running for basic management but high idle is usually vaccuum leak, i had a big problem years back with a 3400 turbo , throttle body shaft seal was making for intolerable idle / more the car warmed up - higher the idle got, again no idea if this has anything to do with your scenario but a guess in the dark is as good as the next i suppose.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.