TGPForums.com

• December 14, 2018, 01:49:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

Author Topic: Free Online TGP/W-body Repair Manual  (Read 4066 times)

mfewtrail

• Administrator
  • Boosted
Free Online TGP/W-body Repair Manual
« on: April 08, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »

I found this one day via google when randomly searching for a PMIII part number or something like that. It's one of those repair references that schools and libraries have access to. It normally requires a pass(that you can probably find online if you need to find other vehicles on here)...but using the direct link I'm posting below, no password is needed. It's a good resource for our cars and has tons of specific information. I haven't looked through every category yet, but I did see that it has a lot of engine repair information, all PMIII brake information from the factory service manuals, and it also explains the way a lot of things work. 

http://arrc.epnet.com/autoapp/8800/8800.htm

If you need electrical diagrams or anything like that, it would be wise to right-click on the pictures in those manuals and save them to your computer for future reference. ;)

***If for any reason, the link quits working, feel free to shoot me a private message if you need diagrams or anything from the factory service manuals.***
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:47:00 PM by mfewtrail »
'93 SE, '90 Black/tan TGP, & '90 Red/tan TGP

maxlap21

• Checking Engine
Re: Free Online TGP/W-body Repair Manual
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »

Sweet! hope this link will work for a while.

Some info is pretty basic (wheel lug tightening sequence) but some useful stuff. I had my turbo rebuilt last year and they say to do and idle relearn!? any thoughts on that?
89 RED TGP 89000 miles

mfewtrail

• Administrator
  • Boosted
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 11:42:10 PM »

Sweet! hope this link will work for a while.

Some info is pretty basic (wheel lug tightening sequence) but some useful stuff. I had my turbo rebuilt last year and they say to do and idle relearn!? any thoughts on that?

An idle relearn is going to be mentioned on any procedure where they mention disconnecting the battery. If your car idles fine without doing the relearn, then you don't need to do it. Some cars are more finicky than others. I've never actually bothered relearning the idle on either of my TGP's as they settle into a good idle on their own very quickly. My '93 Grand Prix on the other hand, I used to have to do relearns on it or it would hunt idle and would stall the first time or two it was driven when coming to a stop.

If your idle idles rough or stalls after disconnecting the battery, follow this procedure to relearn the idle without the use of a bi-directional scan tool: http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/14921-Idle-Relearn-Procedure
'93 SE, '90 Black/tan TGP, & '90 Red/tan TGP

maxlap21

• Checking Engine
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »

My TGP idles a little funky for a few seconds but then it's fine. Thanks for that link though, if ever needed.
89 RED TGP 89000 miles

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.