TGPForums.com

• December 16, 2018, 01:51:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

Author Topic: Central PA Autocross this weekend  (Read 6542 times)

tyroelite

• Boosted
    • http://tyrotools.5gigs.com
Central PA Autocross this weekend
« on: March 31, 2006, 04:31:04 PM »

Penn College and the SCCA are sponsoring an autocross event in Williamsport, PA this Sunday.  Entry is $25 I believe and check-in/Tech inspection begins at 8:30AM. All drivers will need a helmet ( some are available there if you don't have your own).  It is a closed event so spectators must come in a car that is entering the competition.  THere will be classes based on modified/stock status so it should be pretty fair.  In order to get to the event, When traveling on 180/220 exit at the faxon exit.  Turn towards the railroad tracks.  Cross the tracks and keep going to the end of the road. Any questions, lemme know.

TGPilot

Re: Central PA Autocross this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 05:04:22 PM »

That sounds like fun. I have never really been interested in the parking lot auto-cross events. No room to open it up. Still sounds like fun though! :icon_cool:

R Dubya

• Site Sponsor
  • Boosted
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 06:46:51 PM »

That is probably the best way to destroy trannies and brakes.   :laugh:

I wish I could go!!  My first neice is being baptized Sunday about 4 hours north from here, and central PA is about 3 hrs from here.  You get the picture.  You going to compete?
Ryan Warren
'89 TGP
It doesn't run anymore.

mfewtrail

• Administrator
  • Boosted
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 08:19:01 PM »

I'd be kinda scared to autoX the TGP, I think the differential probably wouldn't like it when you're powering out of turns w/ boost and get one wheel to spinning. :icon_redface: Besides, with my current tires, all my car would do is spin down low. :laugh: I would like to eventually build up something for a short road course type event, not a whole lot of places in Georgia for that though.
'93 SE, '90 Black/tan TGP, & '90 Red/tan TGP

GangstGP

• Boosted
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 01:22:35 AM »

I think my car could do it. My car has some nice new parts all over the front end is practically new and I need to put it to the test and see if I can feel out any loose ends I may have forgotten. I should grab a strut tower brace from that one guy here A Web 80 or somethin I forget his user name but I am getting one of those from him.
daily driver: 1990 Turbo Grand Prix 180k miles
backup car: 1990 Turbo Grand Prix 118k miles
spare parts: TGP motor and tranny from a red '89

Prospeeder

• Boosted
    • http://cardomain.com/id/prospeeder
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 11:47:46 AM »

My car seems to big to do that kinda stuff, my car has quite abit of body roll in hard turns
1990 TGP Chipped RU-1390 K&N
2001 Audi S4 Stage 2
1999 VW Beetle
1997 BMW 740iL

GutlessSupreme

• Boosted
    • gtsdurango.net
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 11:16:02 AM »

I really want to get into autocrossing myself, once the car's back together. Problem is, I live in New England...
-Tony
gtsdurango.net
'04 Dakota SLT Quad Cab V8 AWD/4x4 - current daily
'90 Turbo Grand Prix STE - Crane H260 Cam, Getrag 282 Swap, 1.6 Rockers, Homebrewn Mildly Ported/Polished Heads/Intakes, Intrax Front Lowering Springs, KYB GR2s, 34mm Sway Bar, CS FSTB, AWeb RSTB, ES Poly Sway Bar Bushings, Cooper Cobra 245 - I'm working on it...
'92 Gutless Supreme SL - Dead
'90 Turbo Grand Prix - RIP 6-15-05

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.